This group has a few purposes:
1. To provide a warm community for those who have no religion and no desire to acquire religion.
2. To provide a forum to discuss the natural world without allowing assertions that goddidit to stop the conversation.
3. To perform community service without it being assumed we are doing it for a god.
4. To create a means with which we can work towards upholding the establishment clause, towards ensuring freedom of expression and with which we can fight gender and racial equality as well as equality for nonbelievers.
5. To be able to discuss, compare and contrast religions and their change over time without being stopped when people become offended and assert that just for discussing such things, we are being hateful.
6. To develop our critical thinking skills and ability to logically construct and deconstruct arguments in writing and speech.